Do you own a bakery? If you do, then you may have spent a lifetime developing secret recipes. Maybe some of those were even handed down from one generation to the next, and now it’s your goal to share each delectable concoction with the world.
The result is that your wares are absolutely irresistible to the public. The scent of freshly baked cookies, muffins, and cakes wafting in the air outside of your shop is enough to make mouths water.
Many of your baked goods can be consumed right there on the premises, but what about when people want to take dessert or breakfast muffins home to their families? Do you have attractive bakery packaging that not only protects the items inside but also enhances their presentation?
If not, then it’s probably time to ditch the plain paper bags for something that has a little more personality. Custom packaging can help you develop something that’s totally new and eye-catching.
If you want to kick your branding up a notch, then it’s time to design some custom bakery packaging. Don’t worry about a lack of design experience. Package design services are offered by the experts at Mid-Atlantic Packaging. We also manufacture all types of packaging as well as labels, tags, ribbons, bows, shipping supplies, tissue, and more.
When you want distinctive branding for your bakery boxes, think of Mid-Atlantic Packaging first.
Why Choose Custom Bakery Boxes?
Chances are good that you got into the bakery business because you knew that you had something special to offer your hometown or the world at large. You’ve probably spent hours perfecting the recipe for each item on your menu. After all, baking is your specialty, and it’s critical that you get it right.
However, spending all of that time in the kitchen doesn’t necessarily prepare you for all of the ins and outs of doing business. Among many other things, the responsibility for handling advertising and marketing probably falls to you, but how much do you really know about building a recognizable brand identity and communicating that identity to the public?
You’ll need to create a website and perhaps look into advertising on the radio, local television stations, and newspapers. Mid-Atlantic Packaging can’t necessarily help with any of these efforts, but we are definitely the experts when it comes to helping you design packaging that stands out from the crowd.
Of course, if you love to do design work, you might even want to create your own customized look for your bakery packaging. Mid-Atlantic Packaging definitely can work with your original design, applying it to a vast number of boxes, bags, and other packaging options.
Why not just go with generic brown or white bags and boxes? It turns out that customized packaging can go a long way toward distinguishing your products from those of the competition. Here is a look at how original packaging could benefit you and your business:
- A Powerful Promotional Tool: Make your bakery packaging unique and distinctive to ensure that people are seeing your business’ name and logo.
- Attract New Customers: Eye-catching packaging is a great way to attract new business. People will see customers carrying around your beautiful boxes and bags, and they will immediately become curious. Imagine one of your gorgeous cake boxes being prominently displayed on a conference room table or at a big anniversary party at someone’s home. Everyone is going to want to know more about your bakery.
- Stand Out from the Crowd: What kind of packaging are your competitors using? Does it involve bright, vibrant colors or something in softer hues? How can you make your packaging look different so that it is clearly distinguished from that other bakery? Thanks to custom packaging, everyone will be able to readily identify items from your bakery.
- A Proven Marketing Technique: A beautifully crafted logo, a memorable company name, an interesting blend of colors, and original design elements combine to make the packaging for your baked goods look different from everyone else’s. You want packaging that is as unique as your wares so that people can immediately recognize them and know where to find them.
- Better Product Presentation: When you have custom packaging that was designed specifically for your products, they fit perfectly. At Mid-Atlantic Packaging, we can design boxes, bags, and cartons in an endless variety of configurations so that they are a perfect match to your cupcakes, cookies, cakes, and other items. Our packaging makes it easy for your bakery to put its best foot forward with each sale.
What to Look for in Customized Bakery Boxes
If your bakery has been in business for a while now, you may have been using plain or generic packaging that doesn’t necessarily place your bakery’s name or logo front and center. There’s not necessarily anything wrong with generic packaging. It serves a purpose, and it probably does so at a relatively affordable price.
As described above, custom packaging can provide your business with plenty of benefits, especially since it acts as a powerful marketing tool that can really get the word out about your bakery.
That is critical, particularly if your business is still somewhat new. You want as many people as possible to be talking about your bakery, and using personalized packaging is one inexpensive but compelling way to get this started.
While you are creating the design or working alongside Mid-Atlantic Packaging’s designers, here are a few precepts to keep in mind:
- Make Your Packaging Unique: It definitely pays to be aware of what your competition is doing. This provides you with an opportunity to do something completely different. Above all, you want to avoid any design elements that might actually serve to confuse your products with those of the competition. It’s especially important that you do not borrow their text, images, or logo because doing so might embroil you in a copyright lawsuit.
- Go for Quality: When choosing boxes, bags, and other packages, it’s always wise to opt for quality. Cheaper materials and construction cost less upfront, but they will give you less satisfied customers. Your packaging should have sturdy, convenient handles and be difficult to crush. Make sure that you have appropriately strong boxes to handle those heavier layer cakes with ease.
- Make it Lightweight: Thanks to improved technology, materials, and design, it is possible to make strong, high-quality boxes that aren’t super heavy. Lightweight boxes are easier for your customers to tote around, and they will definitely appreciate the convenience.
- Use Your Logo and Colors: A logo and color scheme are central to your brand’s identity. You use them on your shop’s sign, and they probably even play a role in the overall design aesthetic of your store and website. Make certain that your custom packaging is consistent with this theme to make the most impact on your customers.
- Product Representation: Consider having custom packaging designed for each product category that you sell. For instance, you might have different packaging for bagels, muffins, cookies, cakes, and donuts so that what’s inside the box can be readily identified and presented to its best advantage.
- Easy to Store: This is a characteristic that sometimes gets overlooked when designing custom packaging, but it is surprisingly important. When you are reviewing your options, make sure that you understand how the packaging will be stored at your location before it is used. If your space is limited, and that is likely, you’ll want boxes and bags that are folded and lie conveniently flat until you’re ready to use them.
Make Sure It’s Fresh
Of course, one of the most important considerations when it comes to boxes for bakery goods is that they keep your products fresh. Accordingly, you’ll want to pay particular attention to how the packaging may be closed and sealed once it is filled with your products. This ensures that the items will arrive at their destination as fresh as possible. Moreover, your customers are less likely to be bothered by spills and upsets on the way home.
Choose Recyclable and Biodegradable
When you’re choosing your new, custom bakery boxes, don’t forget to make disposal easy and environmentally responsible. Consumers are becoming increasingly conscious of companies that support green practices, and you don’t want to be left off of this bandwagon. Make certain that your new packaging is all recyclable or biodegradable so that it appeals to an even broader audience.
Guidance from Mid-Atlantic Packaging
Are you intrigued by the idea of designing custom bakery boxes for your business? If so, it’s time to get a custom packaging quote from Mid-Atlantic Packaging. We help bakeries both large and small enhance their image through designing great boxes, bags, and other packaging solutions.